Relocation is a complicated process that requires a lot of organization and coordination. I cannot tell you how many homeowners in Raleigh have contacted us saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Raleigh“. The good thing about that is we are able to help those type of sellers sell their house quickly because we’re actively buying houses in Raleigh NC right now!
Why is relocating such a stressful time? There’s an insane amount of details to keep together; not to mention the stress of the reason for the move in the first place. Most often, it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up having to pay to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive, and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Raleigh, things can change in the blink of an eye. We are actually now seeing a change in the market right now. You definitely don’t want to be stuck in the middle of a downturn in the market.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Raleigh NC house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Raleigh… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no-cost no-obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market, that will set the basis for how long you may or may not be able to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a big one. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job but had a very time selling their house. Their house was stuck on the market for over a year before the finally sold it for a much, much lower price than they had hoped. With this mind, you must figure out how fast you need to sell your house, and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait for you house to sell costs you money. If you find that you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell your house, we are a reputable local cash home buyer, and we’d love to make you a fast, fair all-cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. However, one thing many people forget to do is to calculate the true cost of holding onto the house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment goes to the interest), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000, and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes are $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent). Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000. On the other hand, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000), you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees. I hope that makes sense.
- Take action!: Whatever you decide, just make a decision and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Raleigh NC agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions, then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them. Unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Narrow Path House Buyers And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Raleigh?
We’re cash home buyers. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Raleigh home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 14 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Raleigh community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Raleigh real estate, so please feel free to call us at 919-348-2552 and chat with us anytime.