Relocation is a complicated event and requires a tremendous amount of coordination. We receive a lot of communication from local Raleigh home sellers who call us or submit their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Raleigh“. The great thing is that we’re able to help many of these sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Raleigh NC and all surrounding areas right now!).
A relocation (short-notice or not) can be stressful because there are a crazy amount of details to keep together. Combine that with the stress of why you are moving in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative – can leave a family in dire straits.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you are stuck paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That will get expensive really fast, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Raleigh, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve all heard the horror stories of people having to pay to maintain two houses. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make sure you are making the right choices when you’re relocating? First off, you should have the mindset going into a relocation that you need to sell your Raleigh NC house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Raleigh… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this, you can contact a reputable real estate agent or you can connect with us, and we will give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what your house is worth and what you may be able to sell it for in the current market… this sets the course for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell your house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before being forced to sell it for a much lower price than they had hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Time is of the essence so get the ball rolling early to make the process as smooth as possible. Every month that you wait before taking action or every month that your house sits on the market… costs you money. Keep in mind, if you prefer not to use a real estate agent to sell your house… we are a honest and reputable local house buyer, and we’d love to make you a fast, fair all-cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a higher price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible, but one thing many people forget to do is calculate how much it costs to hold onto a house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment goes towards the interest), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes are $200/mo, $100/mo pays for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs on a house you no longer live in, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non-equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% paid to the buyers agent and 3% to the sellers agent). This totals out to be $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, and the list goes on. So, if you think about it, the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000. But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a house buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Does this make any sense? What sounds like a better deal? Selling your house at a discounted price today or putting your house on the market through a real estate agent where it could take months to sell. In other words, selling your house today at a discounted price to us will put more money in your pocket and give you less stress than waiting it out on the market where you are subjected to holding costs and added stress leaving you worried about when your house will actually sell if ever. This could be months.
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Raleigh NC agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Narrow Path Investments, LLC And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Raleigh?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Raleigh home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Raleigh community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In some circumstances that risk can pay off, but if you are relocating and need to sell my house fast is on your mind, we are here to answer your call.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Raleigh real estate, so please feel free to call us at 919-346-0699 for a Free Consultation and chat with us anytime.